শনিবার, ২৬ জানুয়ারী, ২০১৩

International BBQ Fest with Chef Andy Annat ? Sin-A-Mon Tales

I love BBQ stuff, setting up the grill, lighting the coal and then grilling the food around it while sipping some chilled beer and chatting up with friends is a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon or like we did this new year eve?s. Set up the grill, get drinks ready, some music playing in the background and all of us sitting on the terrace floor chatting non stop while eating just off the grill hot food. Perfect for an evening with friends where you don?t want to be running around making stuff in the kitchen and miss the party or slog yourself like mad before and get super tired to enjoy the party anyways.? We do manage to setup a decent BBQ at home usually but the last time I attended License to Grill workshop by Manu Chandra I realized how much value addition a little expert tips from here and there can add to the whole experience (Pictures here )

So couple of days back I got a media invite for a BBQ festival being arranged by Weber in association with MoevenPick Hotel with world renowned BBQ Champ Andy Annat I lapped it up and I know for sure that Weber does a fabulous job when it comes to organizing events.

I reached a little late for the event and it has already started when I reached and Chef Andy was in full form explaining things

He took us through the basic of grilling and kept all of us entertained by him fabulous sense of humor and oh he gave me a hug too ;)

What he kept emphasizing throughout the session and something that I think most of us have a wrong perception with is the fact that who we can cook just about everything in BBQ, meats ofcourse we all know, grilling veggies but going beyond that he also baked a yummy bread for us and some Yorkshire pudding too

thats the yummy breads just going in the oven

thats the yummy breads just going in the oven

*sigh really thats all I can say*

*sigh really thats all I can say*

the crumb shot, crusty crust and soft crumb - the bread was a winner

the crumb shot, crusty crust and soft crumb ? the bread was a winner

Prepping for the yolkshire... I love that mop brush

Prepping for the yolkshire? I love that mop brush

Pouring the yolkshire in pre heated moulds, yes he heated the moulds before starting to bake and yes silicon is safe to put in the grill

Pouring the yolkshire in pre heated moulds, yes he heated the moulds before starting to bake and yes silicon is safe to put in the grill

DSC_0360 1

The first look of the yolkshire

I love the play of light in this shot

I love the play of light in this shot

Another tip he gave was that keeping the moisture going while grilling helps in keeping the meat moisture intact and the fact that he advocated using beer for this purpose just increased my love for him ;)

There is grilled lamb and that too with bacon *sigh*

There is grilled lamb and that too with bacon *sigh*

Yet another lovely tip he gave was to use wet wooden planks for grilling things like fish which usually get cooked faster and also get stuck to the grill, the wetness of the plank keeps the moisture also intact and adds to the smoky flavour as while grilling it the bottom of the plank gets charred

DSC_0323 1

This one another yummy thing he made, layered grilled zuchini, aubergines, roasted red pepper in a ring mould and topped it with hummus in the grill from about 3-4 minutes and its ready

And we ended the session with the most common BBQ dessert the grilled pineapple, it was yumm as usual though

Aaah the light at work again

Aaah the light at work again

I had such a good time that day, all this demo was followed by dinner and tasting of Giest Beer which I loved the wheat and dark BTW and I can?t wait for the next grilling session at home to use the techniques I picked up that day :)

Also please do read interview of Chef Andy on Ruth?s blog in the Across My Table series , we thought after seeing this it might complete your experience on reading about him

Like this:

Be the first to like this.

Source: http://sinamontales.wordpress.com/2013/01/25/international-bbq-fest-with-chef-andy-annat/

green bay packers nfl schedule nfl playoff schedule Rex Ryan tattoo Alaska earthquake Psalm 91 Joe Webb

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন